Skip to main content

Featured

Rodial Glamolash XLL Mascara Review

Rodial Glamolash XXL Black Mascara was free with the August issue of Red Magazine! Rodial claim that this mascara is an intense black, long wearing formula that makes sure eyelashes are 'maximised from day to night' and gives them 'supercharged volume.' This mascara contains carnauba wax to bind the mascara to the lashes and prevent clumping. The beeswax helps to condition the lashes while soluble collagen makes them look shiny and thick. Due to the the beeswax this mascara isn't vegan. Rodial Glamolash XXL mascara comes in a matte black thick tube which is different but a bit clunky, it doesn't exactly scream luxury to me as a £24 mascara should. The  mascara has a natural cone shaped bristle brush. It definitely makes your eye lashes look longer and as you can see from the photos it makes eyelashes look thicker too. It gives volume although it does have a tendency to clump lashes together despite the carnauba wax. You may need to get rid of excess mascara on t...

Bobbi Brown Oil Free Even Finish Compact Foundation Review






Bobbi Brown claims "this foundation never looks fake or makeup-y, just like smooth, even skin. With 12 hours of flawless, oil-free wear, all you see is your skin-at its best."

It has won awards for
  • Best Base for Black and Asian Skin, Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards 2013.
  • Best Foundation Range, The Guardian Best Beauty Buys 2013.

 Packaging- This is the first compact I've had and it does make me feel like a lady.
                   It's sleek and shiny with a mirror and sponge to apply it with.
                    It contains 9 g. although the website shows the new compact is now 8g.

Cream compact in Warm Sand 2.5. Price £32 (available in 19 shades)

I chose Bobbi Brown because the range of foundations are yellow toned and I have a warm olive skin tone. At first I tried the moisturising foundation (I was persuaded by a Bobbi Brown make up artist with dry winter skin) this broke me out around my nose so I bought this oil free compact instead and had more success with it. However I do try and avoid putting this around my nose.

This is the first cream foundation I've used and it took a little time getting used to it. At first I applied it using the sponge provided but I found that this wasted a lot of product on the sponge and tended to look thick and cakey. Then I used a damp Real Techniques brush and this thinned the application producing a light-medium coverage. For light coverage I painted my face in downward motion and for more coverage I buffed it onto my skin. This covered red areas on my cheeks and around my mouth if I buffed the foundation and it can cover spots.
Basically coverage is buildable from light to heavy and dries to a matte finish. It does give smooth appearance covers ay bumps and doesn't cake (unless you are using the sponge provided which I recommend that you don't)  or cling to dry areas (I use a moisturiser before using.) I have sensitive skin but this hasn't caused any irritations or breakouts.
This foundation lasts about 12 hours or 8 hours without powder. I haven't got into the habit of powdering yet but I would recommend that if you are particularly oily, I would suggest powdering your T-zone.


Conclusion
This is a versatile foundation where you can decide how much coverage you need. It's a good everyday foundation.
This compact has lasted me at least 6 months wearing once to three times a week however for a friend who used it with the sponge provided and wore every day, it lasted a month.
I love the versatility of this foundation and will definitely re-purchase. I would recommend this foundation as a great all rounder.

You might like this if....
  • You have yellow tones in your skin-tone
  • Like the idea of a versatile foundation




You might not like this if...
  •  You are on a budget and want full coverage everyday.


Comments

Popular Posts