Skip to main content

Featured

Rodial Glamolash XLL Mascara Review

Rodial Glamolash XXL Black Mascara was free with the August issue of Red Magazine! Rodial claim that this mascara is an intense black, long wearing formula that makes sure eyelashes are 'maximised from day to night' and gives them 'supercharged volume.' This mascara contains carnauba wax to bind the mascara to the lashes and prevent clumping. The beeswax helps to condition the lashes while soluble collagen makes them look shiny and thick. Due to the the beeswax this mascara isn't vegan. Rodial Glamolash XXL mascara comes in a matte black thick tube which is different but a bit clunky, it doesn't exactly scream luxury to me as a £24 mascara should. The  mascara has a natural cone shaped bristle brush. It definitely makes your eye lashes look longer and as you can see from the photos it makes eyelashes look thicker too. It gives volume although it does have a tendency to clump lashes together despite the carnauba wax. You may need to get rid of excess mascara on t...

My daily skincare routine (Sensitive-Combination skin)

Let me start by saying I have sensitive, combination skin type with an oily t-zone and some redness around my cheeks. Due to having sensitive skin and Eczema on my body (but not my face) I tend to apply a less is more approach to skincare instead of overloading your skin with lots of products and different chemicals, a philosophy which my mum instilled in me. I also have asthma so I prefer unfragranced toiletries or those that don't have such a strong smell. Generally I stick to these long term favourites which I've used for years and trust and am reluctant to try out many new products because my skin is so sensitive. I usually cleanse with wipes and then apply toner and moisturiser each morning and evening but I'm looking into using facial oil cleansing and miscellar water.


Whenever I have had reactions to other products I always turn back to these Nivea Fragrance Free Facial Cleansing Wipes and these seem to calm and heal my skin back to its normal healthy condition. If I'm removing a full face of make up with medium to heavy coverage foundation I wash my face with Dove Soap (original) using a muslin cloth. To remove further traces of make up I follow up with Simple's Kind To skin Soothing Facial Toner. Finally I moisturise with E45 cream. I was a die hard devotee to No 7's Day cream but after 7 years I developed an allergy to it so I switched to E45 which is equally moisturising and also a lot cheaper! Even in the summer I don't find E45 heavy or greasy as it's pretty light. I'm currently not using a mosituriser with SPF protection as that seems to sting my face so I try wear SPF in my foundation, though a dedicated sunscreen for the face offers much higher level of protection and is recommended. I wear contact lenses and my eyes can get quite sensitive so I rely on No7 Beautiful Skin-Eye Make Up Remover which is ophthalmologist tested and removes any waterproof mascara or eyeliner. I always try to take advantage of the £5 off skincare vouchers Boots give out throughout the year.

What is your daily skincare routine and what products do you use?

Comments

Popular Posts