Skip to main content

Featured

Rodial Glamolash XLL Mascara Review

Rodial Glamolash XXL Black Mascara was free with the August issue of Red Magazine! Rodial claim that this mascara is an intense black, long wearing formula that makes sure eyelashes are 'maximised from day to night' and gives them 'supercharged volume.' This mascara contains carnauba wax to bind the mascara to the lashes and prevent clumping. The beeswax helps to condition the lashes while soluble collagen makes them look shiny and thick. Due to the the beeswax this mascara isn't vegan. Rodial Glamolash XXL mascara comes in a matte black thick tube which is different but a bit clunky, it doesn't exactly scream luxury to me as a £24 mascara should. The  mascara has a natural cone shaped bristle brush. It definitely makes your eye lashes look longer and as you can see from the photos it makes eyelashes look thicker too. It gives volume although it does have a tendency to clump lashes together despite the carnauba wax. You may need to get rid of excess mascara on t...

Easy Halloween Mermaid Tutorial

This mermaid look is a lot easier than it looks and the results are stunning.  The secret weapon is a netted bag, mine came with some supermarket tangerines (which I washed first using washing up liquid.) Then I chopped off one end so that I could put it over my head. You can also use a wig cap which you can pick up at Claire's for £2  or from other costume shops.




  1. After applying foundation, I pinned a netted bag across my forehead with bobby hair pins.
  2. To create the scales I used MUA's Smokin Palette, you can use Urban Decay' s Smoked Palette or any purple, blue and green eye shadow. (Make sure it's not matte.) I grabbed a flat headed synthetic brush to pat on the eye shadow, starting with purple on the edges of my face, then green and blue.  
  3. Next I carefully moved the netted bag downwards. On a clean side, I applied the eye shadows down towards the cheekbones as if I was contouring or creating sideburns. I used blue and green from the MUA Smokin Palette. 
  4. For the eye makeup I first applied a eye primer. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight. This is a gold shimmery colour which is good for highlighting the inner eye but I just applied eye shadow on top so a skin coloured primer would be fine too.
  5. I used a shimmery light green, the blue from the MUA Smokin palette and Bourois Turquoise eye shadow. I patted them onto the lid with Primark's double ended eye shadow and concealer brush.  Then I used a fluffy brush (Sigma E36) and used a window wiper motion to blend the colours together and used the blue shadow in the crease to smoke the eye. 
  6.  Then I lined my top lid with glitter eyeliner by Collection Glam Crystals Gel Liner in POW 10  Afterwards I applied Benefit They're Real Mascara and curled lashes with an eye curler. 
  7.  Next I added face gems from Primark these are self adhesive but you can use tweezers to pink them up so they don't stick to your hands. 
  8.  Then I carefully added Makeup Revolution Golden Lights Highlighter on my forehead and under the eyes across cheekbones. Then set the face with a setting spray.
  9. Finally I used No 7 Moisture Drench lipstick in Romantic and then used lip liner in Plum to fill in the lips for a stronger colour and definition. The lip liner is discontinued but use a medium pink red lipstick and liner instead.  
  10. To finish the look I pinned a beaded abalone shell necklace across my forehead. 

Comments

Popular Posts